Re: Web that doesn't allow proxies

From: Adrian Havill <havill@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 12:44:59 +0000

>One of my recent problem in implementing proxy
>cache in a ISP is that there is sites that doesn't
>allow proxies.

Since all three Singaporean ISPs [SingNet, Pacific Internet, CyberWay]
are required by law to force their users to use proxies (to censor
"pornography, hate literature, and religious and political viewed as
inappropriate by the SBA [Singaporean Broadcast Authority]"), this
would mean that ALL OF SINGAPORE would be UNABLE TO ACCESS those sites
(that don't allow proxies).

Just curious... Is SingNet using Squid to censor? Or for the cache? Or
both?

--
Adrian Havill <mailto:havill@threeweb.ad.jp>   MAIN: +81 (06) 536-6731
S.E., System Management & Production Division