Re: Access-lists

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:41:20 +1000 (EST)

> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone give the some guidance with some access-lists.. I have a
> problem, and no time to figure out how to solve it.. :-) (As if that is
> anything unusual)
>
> I have 2 organisations with squid caches Currently set as nieghbours.
>
> I don't want org1 to use org2 cache to access org2 web sites. This has to
> be implemented on org2's cache config..

In your org1 cache_host_domain lines add !some.domain lines to stop it doing
neighbo(u)r hits on that domain.

eg
cache_host_domain proxy.org2.org !.org2.org

However, if you can only alter org2s config, perhaps use http_stop or
an equiv. to prevent the server caching org2 website objects (so they'll
be fetched from the source every time).

Hope this was the answer :)

tom@iacom.com.au