Re: squid2common.pl by Gleeson.

From: Martin Gleeson <gleeson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 23:52:39 +1000 (EST)

> Hi Squid users,
>Using the script "squid2common.pl" written by
>Martin Gleeson, I've got the files
>"cache.convert" and "proxy.convert".
>
>What is the difference between
>"cache.convert" and "proxy.convert" ?
>It seems to me that they are similar, and have the
>same format.

They have the the same format, but cache.convert contains cache hits (objects
returned from the disk/memory cache), whereas proxy.convert contains cache
misses (objects retrieved directly from the remote site).

Those files can be used by any logfile analysis program that does hit/miss
analysis and needs logs in common log format.

The names are simply a historical holdover from the CERN httpd proxy server
log names (cache-log and proxy-log, if I recall correctly).

Cheers,
Marty.
Martin Gleeson Webmeister | http://www.unimelb.edu.au/%7Egleeson/
Information Technology Services | Email : gleeson@unimelb.edu.au
The University of Melbourne, Oz. | Opinions : Mine, all mine.
      "I hate quotations." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals (1843)