Proposal on acl-behave

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 15:25:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi.

I propose to extend the behaviour of the acl dstdomain.

The acl checks the Host of the URL.

So you have to put the FQDN and the IP-Number of a 'bad' host, which
should not be delivered, into the acl.

For those of us, who have to deny sites like Playboy or so, it would
be nice, if Squid makes an FQDN-Lookup if there is an IP in the
Domainpart of the URL, and check it against the dstdomain-acl's.

srcdomain-acl is able to do this.

I tried to implement this Feature in the last week (to use my chance
while Duane is away ;-) ), but I failed. :-(

What do you think about it?
Are you able to implement this?

Cord

--