Re: Major Bug in 1.1betas (rebuild cache)

From: <>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:41:24 +0200

> >When I noticed this i conunted the lines in the 'log', and it
> >was about 160000 (don't remember exactly) lines as the 1.1b4
> >version said. But even though the 1.1b5 count was way off, it
> >did not wipe my cache.
> >
> Not _yet_! ^_^;;;
> I'm willing to bet serious money that a new restart or at least
> a crash/restart will cost you all that precious data.

Since it's evening over here, and most of my users are gone, I decided
to test this. I've just stopped and restarted my Squid-1.1b5, and my
cache was not wiped. Everything looked perfectly normal. So the only
time I noticed the inconsitencies in the line-count of the 'log'
was when I upgraded from 1.1b4 to 1.1b5. And I upgraded two identical
servers (SGI Challenger S running IRIX 5.3), only one of them had this
problem (the one I restarted just now).

| Lars Slettjord             | EMAIL:
| University Computer Centre | URL  :
| University of Tromsoe      | PHONE: +47 77644115
| N-9037 Tromsoe             | FAX  : +47 77644100
Received on Thu Oct 10 1996 - 10:41:49 MDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Tue Dec 09 2003 - 16:33:16 MST