Re: squid-1.0.7 problem

From: Duane Wessels <wessels>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 96 14:37:36 -0700

stefan@metronet.de writes:

>Hi,
>
>I have the following problem with squid-1.0.7 (Linux 1.3.79):
>

>inside_firewall none ; multiple parents
>
>Every time, if the network connection between the child cache and
>the (multiple) parent caches dies, squid recognizes this and does not
>forward requests to the parent caches. After the line comes back,
>squid does not recognize this. I get error messages like
>
>"No neighbors or parents were queried and the host is beyond
> your firewall."
>
>I can get squid running again only with a restart of the process.
>
>Any ideas?

I tried to reproduce this with 1.1.beta7 and could not. I killed a
parent cache and then restarted it. The child cache began fetching
objects from it again after about 60 seconds (the hardcoded value in
neighborsUdpPing().

        /* skip any cache where we failed to connect() w/in the last 60s */
        if (squid_curtime - e->last_fail_time < 60)
            continue;

Duane W.