RE: DNS response times

From: Paul Borgermans <pborgerm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:19:53 +-100

Hi,

The Squid proxy/cache (http://www.nlanr.net/Squid) has its own caching dns server; no cascading of dns caches between cache servers, only locally. But it might be a good idea to extend squid with this feature.

Our Squid server (1.1beta7) gives a hit rate of 93 % on DNS lookups :-)

Cheers,

Paul

email: pborgerm@sckcen.be