Re: Only access to cached objects

From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 18:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Markus Hofmann wrote:

> Is there a way defining acl's that some maschines of the internal net
> (with special IP's) only can access cached objects and that squid doesn't
> try's to load the requested URL (not direct or from parent/neighbour)?
> I'm using squid 1.0.17 on Linux.....

   The answers I've seen to this question all answer - "ACLs such that
   certain machines will not prompt the squid to load requested objects"
   which may be the question at hand.

   But, were you asking for a way to configure ACLs such that certain
   machines will only have access to the documents that are *already*
   cached? And if they request other pages they get nothing?? That
   "only can access cached objects" has me a bit curious ... and I am
   afraid I don't have the answer for the latter question.

   Resembles creating a kiosk system in the middle of an open network,
   isn't it?? (assuming that you're attempting the latter)

   andrew. (brennan@allegheny.edu)