Re: unqualified local hosts not resolving?

From: Bernd P. Ziller <bziller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 16:49:01 +0200

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 10:17:50 -0400 (EDT)
> From: anderson@optical.bms.com

> I have setup squid-1.1b9 and am getting the following error when I
> try to load the URL http://pagemaste/cgi-bin/cache-mgr.cgi

> The system returned:
>
> DNS Domain 'pagemaster' is invalid: Host not found (authoritative).

> The above works if I fully qualify the hostname (of course). Is
> there something in the config file that I missed? This has toasted
> one of our apps and I need to get this resolved asap. Please don't
> make me go back to ns-proxy-1.12!

From the squid.conf:

# TAG: append_domain
# Appends local domain name to hostnames without any dots in them.
# append_domain must begin with a period.
#
#append_domain .yourdomain.com

so you should add the line

   append_domain .bms.com

to your squid.conf to get your app working again.

--
   Bernd                  bziller@ba-stuttgart.de
      http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~bziller/