Re: parent for .xx and sibling for !.xx doesn't work!

From: Jens Elkner <elkner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:55:04 +0200 (MET DST)

'Nico Tranquilli wrote:'
> Hi,
> squid-1.1b6 fails handling this:
>
> cache_host_domain cachex.foo.org parent .domain
> cache_host_domain cachex.foo.org sibling !.domain
>
> I checked out the file log of cache2 and found out the neighbor cache
> is never ICP queried if the domain is different than .domain and is only
> used as parent for that domain. I would expect that for any domain != than
> .domain the cache are also queried and used as sibling !! In fact everything
> work if the same domain doesn't appear in both parent and sibling line, i.e.:
>
> cache_host_domain cachex.foo.org parent .domain
> cache_host_domain cachex.foo.org sibling !.unexistantdomain

Check out your cache_host settings! Your entry is probably

 cache_host cachex.foo.org parent but it has to be
 cache_host cachex.foo.org sibling

when you want to use it as parent and neighbor ...

Good luck,
Jens.

| Jens Elkner                   | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg |
| Am Uniplatz 5                     elkner@irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de         |
| WH 4   PF 310                     elkner@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de     |
| 39106 Magdeburg   GERMANY       http://irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner   |