Re: minimum-cache time?+

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 17:31:54 +0000 ()

Hi,

Antti Rytsola wrote:
> I wonder if its possible to specify the minimum cache time to store
> some webpage? It seems to me that atleast the microsoft webpage is not ca=
> ched..

The web server dictates it, and Squid follows. From www.microsoft.com :

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/2.0
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 17:24:49 GMT
cache-control: private
Expires: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 17:24:48 GMT
Set-Cookie: DENALISESSIONID=PWRFMSRVYYQWRTTS; path=/
Cache-control: private

THREE nasties here: Expires: immediately, and the HTTP/1.1 cache-control:
header in two variations. All in the name of increased hit count... :(

Would it be a good idea to allow Squid to override such headers for
selected sites?

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>  http://www.iphil.net/~map/  PGP: 0x43F0D011
iphil communications:  isp/intranet design and implementation, makati city, ph