Re: Growing squid process

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 01:43:53 +0200 (MET DST)

Florian Lohoff wrote:

>Hi,
>i encountered the misterious squid growing process again. (Squid 1.0.18).
>"ps" reports a size of 14.5MB. cachemgr.cgi report 4.7MB for everything.
>vm_objects are 2.3M alltogether. Where does the difference come from ?
>After restart the values are correct again. After some days running
>i have the difference again ...

It's them "hot" objects I guess, this has been discussed recently.

>I tried adjusting vm_memory and vm_low/highwatermark with no success.
>At the moment (2M,50%,75%).

As said before, the current 1.1 beta versions do have a much better
control over the actually memory used, the difference between what
the cachemgr reports and real thing are around 3MB on my 1.1b10
server, which doesn't grow any bigger over time / under load. ^_^

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037