Negative Caching wierdness with 1.1b10

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 02:22:51 +0200 (MET DST)

Hiya,

When trying reload a page where some graphic icons had failed due to
a network outage some 4 hours earlier I got the same "broken image"
icons after a short delay and a TCP_EXPIRED_HIT/400 log entry.
Opening the image file (via Netscape RMB) I was greeted with the
"no route to host" error page generated by Squid, even though the
system was quite reachable. A reload produced a TCP_REFRESH/304 entry
and still the same page, only a shift-reload caused a correct loading
of the data. Any ideas what's going on here? (the negative caching
values are both 2 mins on the server in question)

Jaa ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037