Re: strange LOG_NONE requests

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:55:43 +0100 (MET)

David J N Begley wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Tom Minchin wrote:
>
>> With the new cachemgr.cgi that comes with 1.1beta, it's reminded
>> me to ask about the strange IP addresses that attempt to request
>> LOG_NONE. Some of them I can probably account for since my proxy is
>> 'announced' (but firmly acl'ed) as they are routable. Others, however,
>> include:
>> 67.1.0.0
>> 170.50.0.0
>> 0.4.0.0

[...]
>Pardon my ignorance, but what am I looking at here, and why is this from
>both end-users (clients), and from peer proxies?

Yup, I'd like to know that as well (seeing such entries from
routable and non-routable or non-reachable address). Esp. since the
Squid here is also ACL'ed against accesses from outside the domain...

Mata ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037