Re: Overriding client reload

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 09:09:25 +0100 (MET)

Scott Howard wrote:

>> > One of the uses of reload is to reread a corrupted page. Using an IMS will
>>
>> Corrupted in what way - "incomplete"? Isn't Squid only supposed to cache
>> successfully downloaded objects?
>
>Thats the theory, yes... Unfortunately it doesnt always happen that way.

If you have (ideally reproduceable) examples of this, I'm sure Duane
would like to hear about them. I so for presumed that objects from Squid
are always intact, so the IMS scheme would make a lot of sense...

Mata ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037