Re: Caching Architectural Considerations

From: Brian W. Spolarich <briansp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:44:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Robert Kiessling wrote:

| To be more specific. Say you have three networks, a.edu, b.edu and
| c.edu. I am assuming that networks and DNS domains are closely
| related. a.edu and b.edu shall use proxy1.xyz and c.edu shall use
| proxy2.xyz.

  DNS isn't a very good multiplexing agent in this case. Domains don't
necessarily represent the network topology at all (hence my desire to
select proxy preferences based on network aggregate). And we don't have
much control over individual customers nameservers...such a thing would
probably be a nightmare to manage.

  -bws

--
       Brian W. Spolarich - ANS - briansp@ans.net - (313)677-7311
             The net has fall'n upon me! I shall perish...