FATAL: Somebody called storeReleaseRequest on an unlocked entry

From: Ketil Kirkerud <ketilk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 18:42:02 +0100 (MET)

I've recently (today !) upgraded from squid 1.0.10 to 1.0.19.

The machine running the cache is a Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 2.5.
(squid compiled with gcc 2.7.2, no optimizations)

We had some problems with 1.0.10, but none _too_ serious.
However, I wanted to get an even more stable release, so i upgraded.
Since upgrading, these messages turn up at uneven intervals
(between 30 sec and a few minutes) :

FATAL: Somebody called storeReleaseRequest on an unlocked entry

And squid dies.

This does not look like a problem with memory (lots to spare when squid
dies) or disk (the same).

Do anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,

---Ketil Kirkerud, Schibsted Nett AS