Re: Expire time = ffffffff ?

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 11:11:31 +0100 (MET)

kclau@www.nsysu.edu.tw wrote:

>Hi all,
>
> After upgraded to 1.1beta12, I found something strange in the swap log.
> see:
>
>00002360 327c1336 ffffffff 32522bcc 10018 http://home.netscape.com/assist/ima
>ges/assistance.jpg
>
> I know the first col is fileid, 2nd: timestamp, 3rd: expires, 4th: lastmod.
> But why my expires time is always set to the max (ffffffff) ? I don't think
> I have anything wrong in my configuration.

This is not a problem, this is the new design. ^_^
Since an object might never become invalid (as it never changes), there's
no point to expire it, unless it has an Expires: header.

Mata ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037