how to rotate cache_dir/log

From: <lzhang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 15:09:35 -0500

Hi, everyone,

I am a new user of squid. I am running squid 1.1-beta10 as http-accelerator
on Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.5. I have two questions:

1. How does one rotate cache_dir/log ? I know that for access.log, cache.log,
and store.log, I can rotate them with squid by setting the logfile_rotate
directive and sending the squid-process a SIGUSR1 signal. What method should I
use to rotate cache_dir/log (it is used by squid to reload the Cache after a
restart)?

2. I have reading the archives of this mailing list. I have seen people
mentioning different options of squid here and there. Where can I find
documention regarding these different options?

Thanks very much for your help!

Leah Zhang
AT&T
lzhang@qsun.ho.att.com