Re: Problem with Apache virtual hosts

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:36:17 +0000

On Fri 8 Nov, 1996, Mathias Herberts <Mathias.Herberts@infini.fr> wrote:
>If I use Squid as a proxy, when I access www.B.fr I get the answer I
>would get when accessing www.A.fr.
>
>Is there a way to get the right answer when accessing www.B.fr through
>Squid ?

I think the answer to this problem is connected with something
I've observed when using 1.1 parenting to a 1.0 that has been modified
to know about Host headers and to create them if they're missing.

Squid 1.1 seems (by my reading and understanding of HTTP/1.1 drafts,
and observation of what Squid is doing) to add an incorrect Host
header - it uses the name of the parent it is connecting to, and
not the value corresponding to the URL.

I couldn't see the obvious mistake in the code, though, but I only
gave it a quick look.

-- jrg.