Re: access denied message and ACLs

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 19:23:47 -0500

At 02:18 PM 11/12/96 -0800, you wrote:
> 1. Is there a way to change the content of the "access_denied_msg"
> without having to change the source code? i.e. like having a
> access denied parameter in squid.conf that points to a URL.

Yes. You use deny_info in the squid.conf file.

> 2. For the acl command "http_access", is there a way to do a
> redirection rather than allow or deny?

Yep. You have to use an external program for this, though. The Squid FAQ
says a little about this, but I havn't played with it myself yet.

> 3. Finally, are there more complete docs for the config file then
> what comes with the distribution?

Not that I know of... I hope someone proves me wrong on this one, though. A
nice config file reference would be really handy!

        -Bill kb8wyp

   * <*> Bill Wichers, kb8wyp, billw@waveform.net <*> *
  * **** Waveform Technology UNIX System Administrator *
 * * * *
* * * packet: kb8wyp@n8nnn.#semi.mi.usa.noam *
 * * * http://www.waveform.net/bill/ *
  * **** *
   * "SONET, ATM, and Microwave... The solutions for Speed" *