Trub cacheing www.cnn.com

From: Pete Philips <pete@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:52:42 +0000 (GMT)

I'm finding that my Squid (1.0.15) is often serving out-of-date pages
from www.cnn.com. The CNN site does not seem to use Last-modified or
Expires headers.

So I devised the following rules, which don't seem to work!

ttl_pattern www.cnn.com/.*htm 360 20% 360
ttl_pattern www.cnn.com/$ 360 20% 360

What I am trying to achieve is that http://www.cnn.com/ (the root page)
and all htm/html files only cached for a maximum of 6 hours but that
graphics are cached by my default rules as normal.

I realise I could use:

ttl_pattern www.cnn.com 360 20% 360

But then everything on the whole site would only be cached for 6 hours
and most of the graphics (headers, menus etc) don't change from day to day.

Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a suitable solution?

Many thanks,

Pete.

| Pete Philips \|/ |
| E-mail: pete@corp.netcom.net.uk O |