Re: hierarchy & cache.log

From: Hyunchul Kim <hckim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 23:32:49 +0900 (KST)

Hello.

> Hyunchul Kim wrote:
> > You might collect & analyze hierarchy.log for obtaining statistics
> > about "How many requests were hit on each remote caches?", like this:
>

> That sounds like it might be usefull.
>
> What version(s) of Squid support this log, and how do I turn it on?

Squid's already supporting hierarchy.log,

[hckim@nari] grep NEIGHBOR /usr/local/squid/logs/hierarchy.log | more

847923243.036 http://www.realaudio.com/ads/ziffdavis.gif NEIGHBOR_HIT proxy
.kren.nm.kr
847923259.375 http://www.realaudio.com/pics/ihn.banner.gif NEIGHBOR_HIT pro
xy.kren.nm.kr
847923260.895 http://www.realaudio.com/ads/msfrontblaze.gif NEIGHBOR_HIT pr
oxy.kren.nm.kr
847923302.421 http://www.realaudio.com/ads/intelphone.gif NEIGHBOR_HIT prox
y.kren.nm.kr

I mean, if you want to get a statistics about hit-ratio(number of requests)
on `each`remote caches, you should write an analysis script for hierarhcy.log
yourself since there are no scripts which analyze it and provide information
like this. Perhaps a simple awk script would be sufficient for it. ;-)

 - hckim@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr