Re: "InvokeHandlers: NULL mem->clients" in Squid 1.1beta18

From: Duane Wessels <wessels>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 96 10:21:30 -0800

bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr writes:

>We have very often (almost once per second) this error in cache.log since
>we went to 1.1beta18. Any idea?
>
>Also, it is quite common to find in cache.log:
>
>96/11/14 09:02:13| ERR_CONNECT_FAIL: http://home.mcom.com/escapes/search/i
>mages/blurb_images/hotbot_blurb.gif
>
>when I can actually connect to the remote site (with telnet, echoping,
>netscape without proxy, etc) a few seconds after. Is Squid too impatient?
>Can I log more details about these connections failures?

You can get more debugging by setting debug_options in the config file

    debug_options ALL,1 15,3

That will give you perror/errno type debugging for connect failures, plus
probably way too much other debugging from comm.c. I'll go about
fixing up the debug levels to make this easier.

Remember that we're doing IP address rotation now, so home.mcom.com
might very well be different each time it is tried.

Duane W.