Re: tools for measuring performance

From: Toivo Pedaste <toivo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:57:39 +0800 (WST)

>I am running squid as http-accelerator, and I am a new squid user. I would
>like to know if there are any tools for measuring performance? How do I
>know that the performance has increased with squid running as http-accelator?
>If the performance has indeed increased, how much?

I do have a perl script that I use to measure squid response, I use
it to compare response through squid as a cache compared to direct
access but presumably it can be adapted to your purpose. It uses the
Perl5 http module.

You can get it from
        ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/pub/squid/web.pl

 Toivo Pedaste                        Email:  toivo@ucs.uwa.edu.au
 University Computing Services,       Phone:  +61 9 380 2605
 University of Western Australia      Fax:    +61 9 380 1380
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "to talk of many things"...