Re: Squid process hanging under Solaris 2.5.1

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:46:24 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> We're experiencing problems whereby out squid (1.1beta19) keeps
> hanging about every 2 days under Solaris 2.5.1. In its hung state, squid
> cannot be killed and requires a machine reboot in order to clear state.
>
> I was wondering if anybody else has experienced these problems just
> to help us isolate whether or not the problem may be squid specific to
> Solaris 2.5.1, or squid alone, or Solaris alone. Any experience is greatly
> appreciated.

I've had a similar problem with a 2.5.1 sparc10 hanging completely. It
seemed like a multi-source problem with removing the Firewall-1 SYN attack
defence module and disabling the audit daemon seeming to be the solution.
With those options enabled, the machine was hanging daily requiring a
key turn to get it back into action (console being locked).

tom@iacom.com.au