Running Squid behind a firewall

From: Michael Watkin <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:47:23 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

At work we have a firewall, running socks5 as well as most of the TIS fwtk.
We've been using a socksified version of CERN httpd as a caching web proxy,
and although it holds together quite well, it has too many features and
I think the time has come to retire it and replace it with Squid.

Which leads me to my question...

What do you suggest as the best way to run Squid behind a firewall?
I've tried socksifying it, and while it works most of the time, I have
noticed some problems, and I would like to avoid socks if possible.

Any hints/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.