Re: scripts

From: Gareth Blades <gblades@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 17:47:22 +0000

> Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:06:20 +1100
> From: Dean Grubb <deang@nwit.dvet.tas.gov.au>
> To: squid-users-digest@nlanr.net
> Subject: scripts

> Hello
>
> Has anybody written a script that shows what an certain ip address
> accessed?
> ie: 147.109.203.15 accessed http://www.playboy.com/ 1001 times

What I do is use the Un*x command 'grep' on the access log file to
create a log file which only contains the info I am interested in.

I then use the perl files at the squid homepage to create a report on
this. Among other things it will tell you how many files and their
total size each host requested.
       \\|//
      -(@ @)-
Gareth Blades | Tel: +44 (0)1329 443405 | Segensworth Road
gblades@as.neag.co.uk | Fax: +44 (0)1329 443423 | Titchfield
IT Engineer | WWW: www.neag.co.uk | Fareham, Hants
Assessment Services | | PO15 5RH, England