Re: can't get result on search request

From: Goncalo Valverde <grumbler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:49:44 +0100 (MET)

Greetingz!

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> Ed Knowles wrote
> Yep, done that with no success. It must then be a problem in the
> configuration of squid.conf or any of the cascaded proxies....

 Well, i didnt read the original message so i dont know what is your
setup, but ive met similar problems when squid is running being a
firewall and it needs to get through a parent to access to outside world
(port 80 is open only to requests from our parent proxy)..
 It seems that squid trys to retrieve querys and cgi-bins directly (wich
is stupid because its specificaly configured to go through the parent).
Anyway when ive comented the http_stop to /cgi-bin/ and to ?, squid
started to retrieve the pages through the proxy server. One person
sugested to use inside_firewall your_domain and it works ok..
 My guess is that squid sees the querys and thinks "ok, since cgi-bin and
querys arent cached there's no point in bothering our parent and its
better to go DIRECT".. if you coment the http_stop or use the
inside_firewall squid thinks otherwise and goes through the parent(s).
Anyway, i would advise to use the inside_firewall since its not much of an
idea to cache cgi-bin's and querys.

--
____
\       Esoterica - Novas Tecnologias de Informacao, SA