Re: Browser Cache.

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:19:51 +1100

There's a bunch of different kinds of reloads in Netscape. Shift-reload.
Control-R, The Reload menu item, and the reload button by itself. Each one
performs a reload or refresh in a slightly different way. One of them (I
know for certain) is 'request the document again bypassing the browser's
cache (but not putting no-cache headers in, so a proxy cache does not also
reload)', but I can't say for certain which.

----------
> From: Paul Russell <Rusty.Russell@RustCorp.com.au>
> To: paulo.marques@u-netsys.com.br
> Cc: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: Re: Browser Cache.
> Date: Thursday, December 12, 1996 9:02 AM
>
> In message <32AECCE9.3917@u-netsys.com.br> you write:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to force (or to tell...) the users browser (Netscape
or
> > Internet Explorer) to use the objects in the Squid Cache, and not the
> > objects in the local disk
> > users cache?
> >
> > Paulo
>
> Well, in Netscape holding down shift while pressing Reload does an
> uncached reload; I believe this will also force squid to retrieve the
> object again though.
>
> Paul.
> --
> Paul.Russell@RustCorp.com.au "Engineer? So you drive