Cannot visit an authorized page.

From: Jun NAKAMURA <>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:03:22 +0900

Dear SQUID develpers and users,

  We use SQUID inside firewall machine of our company.
  I configured SQUID; single parent(proxy of firewall
  machine) as default, no sibling, passthrough_proxy for
  www server outside firewall, and local_domain & local_ip
  for www server inside firewall.

  We can visit almost of web page both inside and outside
  firwall, but cannot visit an authorized web page.
  When I visited the authorized page, a browser asked me
  username and password using a dialog. I typed both
  of that and send to server, but SQUID reply error message
  like follows.

While trying to retrieve the URL:

The following error was encountered:

     DNS name lookup failure

The system returned:

    DNS Domain '' is invalid: Host not found (authoritative).

This means that:

    The named host probably does not exist.

Generated by squid/

  SQUID seems searching URL inside firewall when it accept
  request with authorized information.

  I appreciate for any help.

Best, regards.

Jun Nakamura                         (e-mail:
OMRON Corporation, New Business Development Division Headquaters
  C Project Group.