parent + direct connections

From: Andreas Reeh <A.Reeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Dec 1996 01:46:00 +0200

Hi *Squiders*,

I have a little problem:

I have set up Squid 1.1 on one of my machines at home. This machine dials
up to my ISP and then connects my lan to the internet.
When I use Netscape on one of my machines and access the ISPs proxy (Squid
1.0.22, soon 1.1) everything works fine.
When I point Netscape to the proxy on MY router, which works with the ISPs
Squid as parent, I can get everything from it, but NO URLs which squid
tries to fetch direct from the source like those with "?" and "/cgi-bin/",
then I get a "no route to host" because my ISP only allows connections
through his proxy and NOT direct.

What can I do now ? Is there a way to tell my Squid to forward this
requests to the parent instead of fetching them direct ?

TIA
  Andreas

--
Andreas Reeh = a.reeh@wad.org * 51545 Waldbroel * Germany * PGP welcome
More info, public key, geek-code and other email and talk addresses at