Re: Strange behavior of squid

From: Doug Urner <dlu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 09:43:03 -0800

>When I started the squid, however, there was no squid.pid file left in any
>directory and the squid wouldn't accept any retrieving request. Did I do
>something wrong? Following is what the cache.log said when it started:

When squid 1.1 starts for the first time it will need to create the
cache directories, which can take several minutes. The pid file is
not written until after the directories are created.

The log file that you included looked pretty normal, buy now the
directories should be there :-) I'll bet it works.

Doug

--
Douglas L. Urner, dlu@bsdi.com, +1.503.231.4881