Help with parent cache

From: Alberto de Poo Bas <adepoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:51:46 -0600 (CST)

I'm testing a strange configuration of connection to Internet, as starge
it is, it has some problems, I first tell you what I want to do, and next
the connection facts.

I want squid to get all the files thru a Windows95 proxy program called
WinProxy that also use 3128 but no 3130, but many times in the week this
proxy dies and no respond I get from it, at this time, I want squid to get
the info directly from the source (well I want to get directly our web
site all the time).

To make it simple:

1.- Squid try to connect to WinProxy, and get information from internet.
2.- If no info can be retrieved from WinProxy, WinProxy send a message
telling so.
3.- If WinProxy supply the information, all right!
4.- If WinProxy send the error message (connection timeout) then go
directly to the source.

Can this be done?

The strange thing in this is that WinProxy can always reply, but sometimes
it reply with information from the site, and some other time, only a
winproxy error show.

I want to do this, because we have better connection from the PC machine,
do to a special connection, if the info don't get from it, we want to get
it from traditional medium.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto de Poo