Re: Cookie problem & thanks

From: Kai Michael Kretschmann <K.Kretschmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 09:25:49 +0000

> We may want to consider the possibility of suggesting adding a "HIT"
> request to HTTP that means "I'm a cache and I just served one of your
> pages." It would add some overhead, but it seems like it might serve
> the legitimate needs of both sides.

But it shouldn't send such a message once for every hit, but perhaps
a daily summary for every commonly used hit. I think of only one
TCP transaction for every configured domain once a day (if accessed).

---
M.I.T + Moderne Informationstechnologie GmbH
Kai Michael Kretschmann
Multimedia im Marketing
Tel: 06172-7100-139
Fax: 06172-7100-10