Re: Q: Using Squid on a firewall-Host?

From: Frank Wegner <frank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:46:45 +0100

> > Is it sensible to use squid on a
> > firewall machine as a proxy? Can I use squid to forward http and ftp
> > requests both ways through the firewall it is running on?
>
> Wow. Thats an _awfully_ large application to be running on a
> firewall.
>
> $ cd ~src/sbin/squid/squid-1.1.1 ; cat src/*.c | wc -l
> 32843

Hi Anthony,

good point. I have been trying to get http-gw running, but I had the
same problem I asked about on the squid mailing list. Should I go back
and try fix the problem with the Tis-toolkit, and forget about Squid for
a firewall-proxy-software?

What you are saying is: DO NOT RUN SQUID ON A FIREWALL!

Do I understand this correctly?

--
Frank Wegner, mailto:frank@cas-gmbh.de
http://www.cas-gmbh.de/~frank