Nasty stuff filtering...

From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:39:05 +0000

I'd like to explore the possibility of filtering nasty stuff (aka Java,
Javascript and ActiveX - perm any from the 3) out of traffic passing
through the cache, transparently to the end user.

Now squid could be recoded to do this, which I think would not be a good
thing..., except possibly as a general content filter hook.

Has anyone any thoughts on adding a content filter either in front of (ie
between client and squid), or behind (between squid and internet).

As I see it, the first option could be easily done, but has the nasty side
effect that it ruins your log data in that all info as to the client is
lost.

The second option defeats the DNS cache.

Any suggestions...? Also any suggestions for tools?

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]