Multiple cache_dir problems

From: Greg Holloway <greg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 19:25:42 +1100 (EST)

We're trying to add extra cache_dir's to the squid config.

Presently we have 2 cache_dir entries. We would like to add another 2.
When the new 2 are inserted, squid rebuilds the log file having no regard
to the old log entries (which are still on the disk). We're set to lose
about 4 GB of cache data if this happens.

In the config file, I've inserted two new entries are added below the
existing two. Am I missing something obvious or is this squid's normal
behaviour?

Thanks & Merry Christmas

Greg

--