Re: FAQ? authenticated ftp.

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:37:08 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> this works, but it doesn't with squid. Looking at the code, there doesn't
> appear to be support for the Netscape authentication. Currently I am

This isn't Netscape-specific authentication in FTP URL's, but is
"standard" according to RFC 1738.

> to a different proxy. This works, but I would prefer to use Squid for
> all proxy/cache access. If this isn't a planned feature, does anyone

It'd be nice if these sorts of FTP accesses could occur through Squid (for
consistency so you didn't have to split things up), even if the
information transferred wasn't cached (which might be a good idea, given
that the information itself is not necessarily "public" in nature).

Cheers..

dave