Re: virtual servers

From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 07:35:50 +1030 (CST)

Kimmo Arola wrote

> Hello!
>
> I'm running Apache and was about to get Roxen when I noticed Meta-HTML,
> the greatest thing in the World Wide Web history. However, I couldn't
> figure out some things immediately.

I followed the instruction from the following page:

        http://www.metahtml.com/meta-html/manual/apache.mhtml

Have a look at option 3 (this how I run it here)

> How do I implement virtual web servers with mhttpd? I have all the
> in_addr's needed.

You have to run a primary nameserver for each domain you wish to
run on your server. You also need to configure the apache....

Read the ../apache_1.2b2/htdocs/manual/virtual-host.html which comes
with the package..

> How do I give a different page for each client type? I'd like to have
> versions for Mozilla 3 and lynx.

I am not sure... but wouldn't the <ALT> tags do the trick?

> Can I talk HTTP to the client? It would be nice to create custom per
> page headers :-)
>
> Can I get extended statistics which include eg. HTTP_USER_AGENT?

cheerio Berndt

--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au