Re: client error when using squid

From: Goncalo Valverde <grumbler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 16:19:34 +0100 (MET)

Greetings!

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Nick Lambropoulos wrote:
> Please Cc: direct if replying to this problem.
>
> Some client browsers (Netscape particularly) keep getting this error for
> random home pages:
>
> <<Unknown status reply from server:0!>>
>
> The errors that come up in the cache.log (below) show this but I keep
> thinking it's the client browser. Using squid 1.1.0.

 Same problem here (both the error in the client browsers and the errors
in access.log), but it only happens to people using trumpet winsock and
Netscape. The same problem happenend when one user connect with trumpet in
Windows 95. Duane sugested that it might be a problem with the users TCP
stack and to run tcpdump in our LAN (a thing i plan to do as soon as i
have any free time :-)).. Anyway this problem only appeared after changing
from 1.0.20 to 1.1.1

--
____
\       Esoterica - Novas Tecnologias de Informacao, SA