Re: Denying to serve several URLs

From: Russell Street <r.street@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 16:27:36 +1300 (NZDT)

> We are running Squid 1.1.4. We want to force that our
> Squid users put our local WWW server into their "no proxy" configuration
> for example in Netscape. Is it possible to exclude any local traffic to
> our WWW server from the proxy for example by a special squid configuartion
> or by a special redirector configuration ?

A better way could be to use the Netscape Automatic Proxy
Configuration feature. The javascript functions do powerful things
with deciding whether to use a cache or not. It also lets you specify
multiple caches to use if one is down.

I can post the one I am putting into production around here.

Russell