Re: SQUID 1.1.4 fixes

From: Edward Henigin <ed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:06:29 -0600 (CST)

        Honestly, all this stuff sounds like the domain of the end
client. Because, how can the Squid Proxy server know what the CR/LF
conventions are on the client box using the proxy?

        My Squid server is running on a Solaris box. Most of its ASCII
transfers don't change the file at all. If it serves to a Windows
client, however, the local copy it has still has the wrong CR/LF
convention. If it transfers to a Mac client (out of the cache, say)
then it for sure has the wrong CR/LF or whatever convention.

        Make sense?

        (ps I understand and agree with you on the point re: the file
transfer should only have one type, not try to determine the type
independently, twice.)