Problems with unexplained crashes.

From: John Sloan <johns@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:12:30 +0000 (GMT)

Running Squid 1.1.4 with the ipcache patch only on an Ultra 140
with 256Mb mem running Solaris 2.5.1

I'm having the problem that Squid seems to die for no reason once every
two or three hours on average. Since it's now taking over an hour to
rebuild from disc, this is a bit of a pain.

There appears to be nothing obvious in the squid cache.log, or anything
logged via syslog.

Is anyone having similar problems? If not, could someone give me some
pointers so I can try to track this one down for myself. [Knowing what
debug logs are worth enabling would help - doing all at level 9 would fill
my disc up faster than I want to think about].

John