NOVM version.

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:25:47 +0800

Hi everyone

I just decided to have a go at the NOVM version of squid (4) and it seems to
rocket along. However, when I woke up this morning it had frozen - ie: a
telnet to the port didn't even connect - though squid was running on the
machine. I killall -TERM squid restarted it fine weirdly enough.

Unforunately I can't exactly reproduce this bug or show a core file because
it never generated anything in the logfiles etc.

It seems that the NOVM version is way faster than the memory hungryness of
the normal versions - it's a step in the right direction. I'd like to see a
NOVM option in the squid.conf in a future Alpha release if that's at all
possible.

Could the developers please try to keep up the NOVM versions with the
regular versions? I'd hate to miss out on important bug fixes :-) (squid
1.1.5 is out, but no 1.NOVM.5 yet...)

 Karl Ferguson,
 Tower Networking Pty Ltd                     karl@tower.net.au
 t/a STAR Online Services                      karl@debian.org