Re: Squid & Netscape Proxy

From: Irvine Short <ishort@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:55:41 +2

Hi Tom

> Netscape Proxy doesn't support ICP (nor will will it - note this is a challenge
> to their developers!).

> To hook up a Squid proxy to a Netscape proxy, use single_parent_bypass on
> (this only works if Squid has one parent which is the NS proxy server).

> If you're part of a peering scheme, having multiple parents, you can use
> the no-query option (which isn't crash hot with NS proxy).

I tried

cache_host proxy01.iafrica.com parent 3128 3130 weight=1

cache_host proxy.aztec.co.za parent 8080 0 no-query default weight=2

but this only resulted in continuous

TIMEOUT_DEFAULT_PARENT

messages in the access.log

I tried
telnet proxy.aztec.co.za 8080
GET http://www.ibm.com

and this worked

The admin @aztec said that he had disabled all echoes - whatever he
meant

In the mean time I am using a squid proxy at another ISP

Regards,

Irvine Short

http://www.pcm.co.za/homepage/ishort/irv_home.html

     Technical Support