Re: Removed xx objects

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 13:23:44 +0100 (MET)

Ed Knowles wrote:

>G'day Arvids!
>
>> But how can I have not been used these objects for 364 days, if I
>> got cache running only for a month?
>
>All that means is that your cache isn't over cache_swap_low yet, so no objects
>will be removed.

I don't know if that's Arvids question, I asked Duane about the
fact that I have this default LRU expiration age value, have the cache
running for less than 5 months, am below any forced expiration thresholds
and still see objects being removed. His answer after analyzing my cache
log is that he thinks that these result from servers who have a bogus
date setting (or do you have new thoughts on this, Duane? ^_-).

Mata ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037