cache log file not being rewritten

From: Stewart Forster <slf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:47:05 +1100

Hi All,

        We're running 1.1.1 with internal mods here on Solaris 2.5.1.

        Is anyone other than us seeing that the log file doesn't get rewritten
cleanly after the first time. It gets rewritten on a SIGUSR1 (along with the
log file rotations). I've patched our code to fix it but I wanted to know if
other people experienced the same problem. It was evidenced for us by a zero
length log_clean file sitting in the cache_dir dated some time prior to when
the last rewrite should have happened. The patch is simply to unlink() this
file (as well as log-last-clean) explicitly before creating them.

        Stew.

--
Stewart Forster (Security and Web Proxy Cache Administrator)
connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.