Re: What should I do? - Reply

From: Bob Allison <ballison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 17:21:24 -0500

Can't answer the secon item, since I haven't seen it yet.

In experimenting with NetScrape 3, I found that it automatically reloads
the proxy configuration when it starts up. Therefore, to get everyone
to load the new config, just take a server down so they have to reboot
;-)

>>> Support <support@ans.com.au> 02/07 9:55 pm >>>
> I think that the best idea to write an automatic proxy configuration
> script, that chooses either proxy cache at Site A or Site B depending
> where the user connects to.
> Automatic proxy configuration is supported by Netscape Navigator and
the
> latest Internet Explorer as well.

Interested in 2 things.

1. What happens when the automatic proxy configuration script needs to
be updated? It appears to me recently that I have to ask all users using
that script to "reload" the new version. Is there a way to update the
users automatically?

2. How to use automatic proxy configuration in Internet Explorer?

Regards

email address: support@ans.com.au
Web page: http://www.ans.com.au post address: 14 Fisher Road,
Dee Why, NSW 2099, Australia fax number: +61 2 9972 2633