Re: What Multicast ICP?

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:07:08 +0800 (WST)

>Kenichi MATSUI writes:

>| Does anybody use a multicast already? If so, please let us know how to
>| use multicast or your experience, or show us the pointer(URLs).

We've been using multicast for a while with a couple of custom
modifications to get it working how we wanted. squid-1.1.6 has changes
that probably make these unneccesary, so I'm compiling that up at the
moment to try.

The one current 'problem' with multicast in 1.1.1 which may not yet be
resolved is that the cache is in its own multicast group, and hence
responds to its own ICP queries.

David.